So, I am completely new to this "blog" thing...but I've seen a few of my friends' blogs, and it seems kinda fun. To know that in 2 years or so I can look back at my "blogs" and see where I was at any particular time in life is pretty neat. Who ever thought I'd be into writing? Certainly not me. And I'm pretty sure neither did any of my English professors.
"Turning over a new leaf". I've heard this expression too many times to count, and now I think that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm working on being a better person. A healthier person. And a better girlfriend. You see, I have been with this guy for 6 years! WOW, right? And, he was my best friend for 2 years before that. I mean best friend. We told each other everything. Then one drunken night in college...we kissed. And it all went down hill from there. Haha! j/k. He is absolutely AMAZING...to say the least. (Well now he is...there was a time when he wasn't. But no need to dwell on the past). He does everything for me, and I trust him more than anyone I know.
But, for some reason I'm not happy. I'm not happy with myself. I'm not as healthy as I used to be, and I've done things that I'm not too proud of. :( So, now my new goal is to focus on myself and on my relationship with my boyfriend. I have actually started going to the gym again. :) I am trying to lose the 30+ pounds I've gained since college, boyfriend, life, etc. And, I really want to run a 1/2 Marathon in November. Most people would say I'm crazy to want to lose that much weight. But really. No lie! I have gained more than 30 pounds in the last 5 or so years.
And so my battle begins. I figure now is as good a time as any to focus on numero uno - ME!
Wish me luck!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment