Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why does it have to be hard?

Well, it's day 4 of the strict exercise regimen. I have to say I've been doing pretty good. 2 miles each day, and in the morning none the less. My problem has never been exercising. Granted...it sucks trying to get there. But once I'm there, I'm great. I can be in the gym for hours. My problem is the eating. Why can't someone just invent a magic pill that allows you to eat whatever you want as long as you exercise? Wouldn't that be great? I mean seriously. Why is it that gaining weight is not a problem...but it takes an act of congress to lose the weight?


It's my own fault, I know. My weight gain was slow and gradual. Ya know...5 pounds here. 2 pounds there. And then the next thing you know, I'm 30 plus pounds heavier. :( Damn that pizza, boyfriend, mexican food, & the late night drinking.

But now my goal is not only to lose weight to fit back into my favorite jeans...but also to prepare for this 1/2 Marathon in November. I sometimes think I'm crazy for wanting to do it. Me?! A person who has never RUN a full mile in her life. However, I did run 1/2 a mile today without stopping. Applaud, please! :)

I'm off tomorrow thru Monday though...so let's see how my first weekend on the regime goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment