Well, there are lots of updates on the new house!! First, we are officially moving in two weeks!! Yay! The walls are complete! The floors are refinished! And we finally picked paint colors for the house!!
Chris and I are so overcome with joy!! I cannot believe that we are buying a house! Our first house! A place that is all ours. It will be a work in progress because there are so many things we want to do/add to the house. But, the main thing is finished. We took out the wood paneling in the house, and re-texturized the entire house! (Well, we didn't do it. Unfortunately, we aren't that talented). Next project will most likely be either the main bathroom or the kitchen. Then we want to redo the master bath/closet (with more closet space ;) ), and we also want to add a deck between the two sliding doors in the backyard.
Of course, our pockets are going to ultimately dictate how fast we do all these things...but our goal is to have the deck (which will be the final project) completed by next Christmas. I know Christmas isn't even over this year, but I can't wait until next Christmas! Ha! Probably because we are kinda skipping Christmas this year. We didn't put up a tree because of the move, and we only bought presents for the kids so we could use all our extra money on the house. :) And while it is well worth it...I still can't wait to go all out next year.
For now...I am spending all my free time on home websites, and in Home Depot. I have also found some great blogs written by people who are also renovating their house. I find myself noticing the tiniest details now when walking in homes or buildings. The molding and base boards. The paint colors. Details in the bathroom and kitchen that I like and don't like. It's kind of overwhelming, but also super fun.
So after weeks of debate, sampling colors, and trips to Home Depot...we picked our colors for the house! ***Enter applause here*** For the living room, hallway, kitchen, & dining room...we are using Behr Gobi Desert.
And for the bedrooms, we are using Behr Gallery Taupe. (Sorry...no preview). But, we are painting tonight and all weekend. So, I will have pictures next week of the final colors!
Also, here is a before and after of our floors. I am so happy with the results, and I'm excited to see what the place looks like with our furniture in it.
Before:







No comments:
Post a Comment