Monday, April 12, 2010

Top Two Tuesday... Beauty Secrets!

It's a little early, but this week's Top 2 Tuesday is all about beauty secrets!! :) Now I wouldn't necessarily call mine "secrets", but I love these two things!!


1. Baby Lotion!! I absolutely swear by it! I've been using it for years, and have always been told that my skin is so soft. Maybe that's where they get the saying "smooth as a baby's..." well you know the end. Baby lotion really does make your skin super soft, and it also smells GREAT!

and

2. Tanning!! Like I said... not really a beauty secret! But I've always believed that other saying... "tan fat looks better than white fat". ha! But really, I just like the way I look and feel with a nice tan. Perhaps it also has something to do with the fact that I worked at Darque Tan for 5 years! But, I am definitely not one of those tanning nazi's. Or one of those who insists on getting "orange". I believe in moderation. Tanning a few times a week to get the tan you want, and then maintaining it with a few times per month. :)

5 comments:

  1. I gave up tanning a few years ago and I miss it! I have super fair skin so its really not good for me to get too much sun, but I agree, people just look skinnier and better when they are tan! ( : Maybe I will try the faux tan stuff again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would totally agree with the tanning bit - i know it is sooo bad for me - but i only do it once or twice a month, and i feel so much better after I have gone... more healthy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started using Raleigh's baby lotion when I put it on her and I love it! I was slightly obsessed with tanning a few years ago---not only does it make you look better but it is so relaxing to me! I wish I could still do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your tips! I love the smell of baby lotion! I also agree with the tanning bed thing-I cant wear all my cute summer dresses until I go at least twice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being tan, but stopped 'actively' tanning a few years ago just when I realized how prevalent skin cancer is in my family :) Some people have the genes to carry off tan but apparently we don't!

    followme@:
    www.domesticated-bliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete