Monday, August 31, 2009

Family is Everything


We had a wonderful family weekend. It started by going to the Tower (downtown) for my grandpa's birthday Friday night. Chris and I had been wanting to take my mom & grandparents there for quite some time...just never had the time. So it was a real treat to be able to take them there. My grandparents are very conservative, so they were a little surprised at the cost of the food. But it was really sweet of Chris to keep reminding them to not worry about anything. :) I love him for that. He enjoys doing nice things for my mom & grandparents just as much as I do. We had wine, great food, and of course, dessert. It was absolutely fabulous...and very yummy. I love being with my family and Chris. I can't wait for him to "officially" be part of the family. ;)


Happy Birthday to the greatest man I know...TaTa, my grandpa!!! I love you!


Saturday morning I woke up with some energy. Which was great, because I had a 5k at 9am. Chris and Puddles did it with me, but slacked off a little...or Puddles did. LOL. Chris said that after getting a drink at the 2 mile marker, Puddles decided he was going to lay down. He wouldn't move. So Chris did what any parent would do...he scooped him up and carried him the rest of the way. Way to go dad! Here are Chris and Puddles at the finish line!!

And here are me and Puddles taking a WELL-DESERVED nap. ;)

Saturday was my grandpa's "official" birthday, so we all celebrated at my grandparent's house. It was fun!! We ate good food, laughed, drank a little ;), and watched sports all day. Chris and I were literally exhausted when we finally got home, but it was well worth it. And of course, Sunday was our typical "lazy" day. We just hung out together and watched some movies.

All in all, it was definitely a GREAT family weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment