Friday, September 11, 2009

A Good Night's Sleep

I finally got a good night's sleep last night! For two days I was working on 3-4 hours of sleep. I don't know why, but I just couldn't sleep. Well scratch that...I could fall asleep. I just couldn't stay asleep. I'd pass out about 11 or 12, and then wake up at 3 or 4am. Then I couldn't go back to sleep. So, my night (or morning) would consist of me watching tv, playing games on my iphone, or looking at Facebook. Normally, I love all 3 of these things! But they're really not that fun when you know you are exhausted, and yet can't sleep.


My mom and grandpa said it was because Chris wasn't there. (He was out of town for work). Which might have some truth to it because last night I slept great, and he got home around 3:30am. But then again...I've been out of town many nights without him and I slept just fine. Here's hoping to no more insomnia-filled nights.

Okay...I have to readjust my view on Dave Ramsey. Again. Chris and I are trying, again, to be "debt free". He showed me the numbers, and it does make sense that if we just live on less than what we make for a little while...we can get out of debt. And when I say debt free, I'm talking everything - even student loans, which is the chunk of our debt. Chris estimates that, if we stay within our set budget, we can have everything paid off in 2 1/2 years. It seems like a long time, but not really when you consider that we're only in our mid-twenties. So to be out of debt before 30 is pretty awesome! According to Chris, then we'd be able to buy a house (15yr mortgage) and start a family. And best of all, we'd do it without any debt. He also promised me my Mercedes CLK at 30 if we are debt free. Of course, we'd have to pay cash for it...but nevertheless I'd get it. :) So we'll see how it goes. We are starting Financial Peace University this Sunday, so hopefully the classes will keep us both motivated. Chris has good intentions, and I know he is doing this for us. To make sure we have a good life, and can provide for our future children. Whoa...children!

Off to a lighter subject...our anniversary is next weekend! YAAAY!!! September 20th will be 5 years "officially" of dating. Of course, I say 6 because we actually started dating in 2003, but didn't make it official until 2004. Regardless, it's still a long time! When ya think about...some married couples don't even last that long. And despite our ups and downs (which have been plenty), I still can't imagine my life without him. He really is my best friend, and has been for 8 years. He knows me better than anyone (except my mom). :) So, I am definitely looking forward to next weekend. I am soooo excited to give him his gift! While I can't say what it is just yet - I can say that he is going to love it!! It is something that he has never asked for, but I know he wants it. And, he would never think in a million years that I would get it for him.

I'm not sure of our exact plans yet, but I know whatever we do will be fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment