Why is it, that when you have tons of crap to do...all you wanna do is lay around and be lazy? Yet when you have nothing to do, you're bored! There are days where I would give anything to just lay around the house and do nothing. Stay in my PJ's all day... Or take a nice looong bath. So why? when I have the chance to do just that...I'm thinking poor me.
**Side note: I just had to stop my poor me thoughts because for some reason the shower rod in my bathroom keeps falling down. And naturally, it falls when Chris isn't in town. Lucky for me, his brother lives with us too. So he comes in good handy when I have to do "manly" things by myself. :) **
So where was I? Oh yeah...poor me! I'm stuck at work all day, & then at home all night because Chris is off galavanting with my grandpa in New Mexico! Ok, maybe not galavanting - He is working there. But they ARE doing fun stuff, AND seeing really cool places while I'm here at home with nothing to do.
I mean I actually CLEANED today. Most people would think that's a normal day-to-day thing, but most people aren't me. I hate cleaning. Particularly washing dishes (check), washing clothes (check), putting up/folding clothes (check), and dusting (check check)! That's how bored I was!
And what's even worse than being bored...is being bored, but knowing there are so many things you actually could (and probably should) be doing. For example... I didn't work out today. I've been doing pretty good, but today just wasn't feeling it. And nine times out of ten, my excuse for not working out is not having the time. Another time buster is tanning. I've had a membership for as long as I can remember, worked at a tanning salon for YEARS, and yet am lucky if I tan once a month! Heck, I live literally around the corner from the salon...yet still don't go. Eh! I could be organizing my closet & pulling clothes that I don't need anymore. I could paint my nails/toes because I never have time to get a mani/pedi. For that matter, I could just go get that mani/pedi right now. (Well, not right now cause they're closed). But you get the point.
So, what I am I doing on this boring evening? I'm thinking of all the things I could be doing instead of being bored. I'm thinking of how I want to go to sleep, but know the chances of that happening anytime soon are slim to none.
I'm thinking I really need to call maintenance tomorrow to fix my shower. And! go to the bank. And! work out. And! pay the truck's warranty.
All things I could've done today...
No comments:
Post a Comment