Thursday, October 8, 2009

Stressful day=Emotional Night

Tonight's episode of Grey's Anatomy was sooo good! Well let's face it! Every Grey's episode is awesome! But, I was really crying tonight. Lol. Although that might have to do with the incredibly stressful day I had.


I rarely leave work for lunch. I just don't see the point to leaving unless I'm actually going to have lunch with someone. So I usually just pick up something and take it back to the office...or just wait to eat when I get home after work. However, today I left to meet my family. It was my cousin's 50th birthday, and our cousin from Chicago was going to surprise her. So naturally I wanted to be there to witness it. But of course...of all days...I have a work conference call right before I have to leave to meet them...AND I'm hosting a webinar training for a client right after. Wouldn't ya know it!?

(Luckily) Right as we are finished eating, I get an email from my boss about a client who can't get a hold of me. ?? Hello!! Ya just called me a little over an hour ago (while I was on the conference call) and it's now lunch time! Give me a sec to actually return your call. I should probably say that I knew she was calling when I was on the conference call, but this client ALWAYS calls my cell phone. So, when she didn't call that...I figured it wasn't an "emergency" and could wait till after lunch. Wrong! So there I am at my "family lunch" rushing to figure out what I owe (which was nothing thanks to mom :)) so I can jet back to work to call this client...before my webinar training. I mean really. She made it seem like she called me last month, and I was just taking my sweet time to call her back. When in actuality, it was only a couple of hours. And then she says the only reason she called my boss was because she wasn't sure if it was something she needed to discuss with me or her. (My boss is an employment attorney...so she's pretty smart). :) I wanted to say "lady! then don't make it seem like you only called her cause ya couldn't get a hold of me". Sheeesh!

So needless to say it was a pretty eventful and stressful day! So I did what any normal girl would do...I got me a nice glass of wine and sat in front of the tv to watch Grey's. :)

Note to self: wine mixed with stress mixed with Grey's amounts up to an extremely emotional night!

No comments:

Post a Comment