I woke up this morning so excited because Chris was finally coming home, only to later learn that he and my grandpa decided to take a detour to Colorado. What's in Colorado? Well, my aunt and cousins live there...and apparently it's only a few hours from where they were in New Mexico.
So right now it's a bittersweet feeling. I'm sad because Chris and my grandpa aren't coming home for another day, if not two. But, I'm really happy that they are getting to do all this together. I am very close to my grandpa, and now so is Chris. He loves spending time with him, and was excited when he found out Tata (grandpa) would be traveling with him to New Mexico.
Every time I've spoken to them, they are both very excited about all they've seen and done. Let's see, they went gambling at a casino. They took a tram to a restaurant 10,000+ feet above the ground. Here are some pictures they sent of the view:
They went to the New Mexico hot-air balloonfest where they shopped, ate corn dogs and donuts, and saw a fireworks show.
Now, on a whim, they decided to drive to Colorado instead of come home. I don't think anyone besides my grandmother has ever taken a week-long roadtrip (alone) with my grandpa. And, it makes me the proudest girlfriend in the world to know that my amazing boyfriend is sharing all these special moments with my grandpa.
Even though I miss Chris terribly, I can't think of a better reason for him to be gone.









No comments:
Post a Comment