Anyone who knows me, knows that besides my mom...my grandparents are the most important people in my life. I love them more than life itself, and would do absolutely anything for them. They truly are the kindest, most generous people I know. I can't imagine any other grandparents being as wonderful as they are. It's just not possible. They give without expecting anything back. Love unconditionally. Share what they have. And, most importantly...never do anything to hurt other people.
So now I'm sitting here wondering how two people so wonderful can have bad things happen to them. Today there house was broken into. The house they have lived in for more than 30 years. The one that we all thought was impossible to break into due to the burglar bars & neighborhood.
Yet, while my grandpa was at a funeral and my grandmother was at work...someone or several people broke in and stole from them. Of course, it is all material things. Some replaceable, other not. And, the most important thing is that they are both alive. It could have been so much worse had one, or both, of them been home. But luckily, they weren't.
However, it still angers me that someone can do this to them. Make them fearful in their own house. Spend money to get locks changed and things replaced. Hurt them by stealing sentimental items that aren't replaceable. It's just not right.
I'm so sad for them, and I want to do everything to help them feel safe again in their home.






No comments:
Post a Comment