It's almost Thanksgiving! Almost Christmas! Almost 2010!! WHOO HOO!! Again, I cannot emphasize enough how much I love this time of year! It even has a certain smell, don't you think? I'm not even sure what it is, but there is a distinct smell that always reminds me of Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Boy, do I have a lot to be thankful for this year! This past weekend I had the pleasure of accompanying my boyfriend to Dallas for his job. I love his job! I get to travel with him...and it's like a paid vacation. :) But this past weekend he had to work the NASCAR events in Dallas. Tough work, huh? It was awesome! This nice guy at the store Chris was at, gave him 4 tickets to Friday's NASCAR race. GAVE! FREE! By this point, Chris and I were already considering buying tickets to one of the races so we could see what all the hoopla was about. But he gave us 4! Then...literally 5 minutes later...I WON 2 tickets for Saturday's race by playing "Josh Says" (basically Simon Says). :) So, we went from 0 to 6 in 5 minutes. Definitely not as fast as those cars...but pretty good for two people with no tickets.
We ended up taking my friend Alayna with us Friday night! It was so great to finally hang out with her. We kept missing eachother on my last few trips to Dallas, but we had a blast! Then Saturday after the race, Chris and I met up with our friend Michelle. Again...another fun night. (Sleepy...but still fun).
Now, I'm preparing for this Sunday...where I will take on the 13.1 miles in the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon. Sheeesh! Just saying "13.1" takes effort. Lol. But, I think I'm ready. My goal is to just finish. I'm not looking to beat any record or run super fast. I just want to enjoy the 13.1 miles and finish. :) We'll try for a specific time next year.
And tonight Chris and I get to see our new house!! The people living there finally moved out...so we get to go see the blank canvas of our future house! I'm very excited about this. We're buying our first house! A 3 bedroom/2 bath house that we are going to make our home! We are so lucky and very blessed to have this opportunity. It's just one more milestone that's falling into place for us. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment